A Natural Remedy for Upset Stomach
Have you ever mentioned a health problem in a room full of well-meaning people and gotten a dozen different theories on how to fix it? If you mention that you have an upset stomach, you might hear everything from “drink ginger tea” to “sniff a bar of grapefruit soap.” Though you may feel like the majority of the offered suggestions are dubious, many types of natural remedies can actually work. Not to mention it is always a good idea to try natural ways to remedy your bodies ailments first, unless requiring medical attention.
List of Upset Stomach Remedies
The best remedy for an upset stomach varies from one person to another, as every body is different, so it pays to try them all and see which ones work for you. If you decide to attempt these, use only one at a time and consider how they make you feel. Remember, what works for someone might not work for you.
- Carbonated beverages. This is a natural remedy for upset stomach that is either a great way to handle it or a terrible way to make it worse. Some find that carbonation settles their tummies, while others find that it contributes even more to bloating.
- Getting more sleep. One of the leading causes of upset stomach is simple stress. Do what you can to eliminate the stress — get more sleep, eat healthier foods, cut out as much stress as you can and look for ways to change your life so that stress becomes less of an issue.
- Cinnamon or ginger tea. Cinnamon and ginger both have soothing properties, and putting them in hot tea helps even more. The heat of the tea warms up your stomach increasing digestion capabilities.
- Try Lemon water before a meal. Having a drink of lemon water before a meal can stimulate digestive juices which aid in digestion.
- Load up on water. The more water you drink, the more hydrated you will be, increasing all cellular functions.
The remedy for upset stomach that works for you might not be listed here, but you can find a long, comprehensive list of remedies in our new eBook, The Ultimate Cure for Bloating and other stomach conditions. Therefore, if you are looking for the best remedy for upset stomach use the link below.